What are your creative goals for February?

(Jonathan Kaplan) #21

Killing it had 2 screenings in Long Island and Pittsburgh! We got in the newspaper and everything. Pretty good turnout and meeting new people. CHECK!

We are writing our new season HARD yo. We are writing the fuck out of it and still writing. CHECK

We got some sweet new distro shit poppin with ENV Pictures and Bigop.tv! CHECK

Another screening is being scheduled for April in BOSTON! CHECK

Hope everyone is staying positive, committed to their team and running toward their goals!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihp9de2_7pc WHATEVER IT TAKES! WHATEVER IT TAKES!!!

(Herman Wang) #22

Got wardrobe figured out for our new character.

We’ve also been cold-called for roles by a few people, so that’s a nice development. I haven’t had to do any real casting this season.

(Melissa Malone) #23
  • Finalize everything for the full cast table read at the end of the month. :white_check_mark:

• Make final script adjustments (based on said table read) :x: this can’t happen until after the table read on the 24th…

• Begin figuring out where the hell the $$ will come from for production… fundraisers, sponsors, coproducers? Try to avoid another inevitable crowd funding campaign… :x: This will never end. However did start sending out some emails…

• Meet with our DP and decide if it will be financially possible to work together again on the new season. :x: emailing now- thanks for reminding me to check me list lol

• Start location scouting for our main location :x: just starting this week
    Get Golden Rule files together to send out to VWF and ISAs :white_check_mark:

• Continue to promote Golden Rule in new and interesting ways :white_check_mark: Yes! Golden Rule and other seasons. Check out our Valentine’s Day E-Cards (one for each season), below and feel free to use them! We are doing a contest on social media when anyone shares one and uses #ostsg.

And also- Happy Valentine’s Day! :slight_smile: **

(Joseph Steven Heath) #24

UPDATE:

• The Watch-A-Thon of Rassilon: Upload The Monster of Peladon. :white_check_mark:
  • WoR: Make/Queue Gifs, Record, Edit, and Upload Planet of the Spiders. :negative_squared_cross_mark: (Gifs and record are done. Edit in progress.)
  • WoR: Record a Third Doctor Special. :white_check_mark:
  • Edit a rough cut of what I have filmed of My Two Clones. :negative_squared_cross_mark: (I haven’t even touched it. Yikes.)
  • Road Trippy: Write a chapter. :white_check_mark:
  • Submit a thing or two to the Stareable Fest. :white_check_mark: (One thing is submitted and I will be submitting another soon.)
  • Watch a couple web series and write about them for this very website. :white_check_mark: (Well, I cheated a little and wrote about Sam and Pat which I had already watched last month.)

(Kyla) #25

getting there!!

edit/touch up episodes 5-9 for table reads this month :grey_question: edited 5/6/7 and had that table read!
recast vanessa :white_check_mark:
schedule vanessa reshoots :white_check_mark:
schedule post-march break shoots :white_check_mark:
release first teaser trailer :negative_squared_cross_mark:
write the song for 5.5 :negative_squared_cross_mark:
film at least 5 school scenes (7 booked) :grey_question: 2 done already!
film at least 5 non-school scenes (7 booked) :grey_question: 3 done already!
finish rewrite of episode 10 :white_check_mark:
map costumes/makeup/hair for all scenes from all episodes :negative_squared_cross_mark:
set up 80s/tv teen drama tumblr (taking bri’s themed blog idea!) :negative_squared_cross_mark:
map out potential timeline/shooting schedule for short film this summer :negative_squared_cross_mark:

(Bri Castellini) #26

Look at you!!

(Amen J.) #27

We’re halfway through Feb already, gah!

:white_check_mark:Start promoting my Facebook Live conversation on how to “Harness Your Fears as an Artist”: https://www.facebook.com/events/2070551806515878/ - opt for “going” if you want this to happen. Also, I just got my contract in the mail from the local school of art to deliver this as a workshop in the Spring…woo-hoo!

:white_check_mark:Submit to more webfests (including Stareable! - it’s ok if our show is featured on the site already, right?) Just submitted to TO Fest, Stareable is next on my list…

:white_check_mark:Get my local doc series pitch approved for funding and if I don’t, I move onto the next pitch, and the next and the next…I’m on the shortlist for a local grant to actually do one more episode of my web series, The Secret Lives of Public Servants and I submitted my local doc series pitch earlier this week (it has to be in French, so extra proud of getting all the docs written up and translated)

:white_check_mark:Continue to track down and secure short-term freelancing gigs as a producer, prod manager, production coordinator, researcher, etc. Just signed two contracts, one as director for a local doc series, another as a sales/sponsorship coordinator for a webseries

…Also, I’m pencilled in as a future Creative Mornings speaker!

(Bri Castellini) #28

Congrats!!!

(sam lockie-waring) #29

oh shit i forgot to do this this month. goals:

• look book for new concept i’m writing
  • give comments on a friend’s feature script he wants my help with
  • start comparison shopping for a lighting kit

(Emma Drewry) #30
  1. we’re doing chemistry reads this sunday and will be making final offers on monday!
  2. final drafts on half are done and the rest are due on the 20th, but we’re going to be re-writing to fit our cast soon after :slight_smile:
  3. pilot breakdown is done! we have our budget, too, and are prepping to shoot.
  4. we have three more producers along with me and my co-exec producer, a production designer, someone to do final edits on scripts, graphic designers, web developers, and our craft-y! the big one left is a location scout, but if we can’t find someone in time, at least two of the producers are also solid location scouts.
  5. we have logo drafts! and a sticker design in the works for higher-tier/local crowdfunding, we’re starting our write-up for our web dev to start building our website, we have our social handles reserved/facebook page made :slight_smile:

we’re making progress!!! we’re so excited.

(Bri Castellini) #31

Congrats!!!

(James Peniata) #32

My goals this month are to release ep 6 of my series! Apply for more festivals and supply my actors with the new scripts for some upcoming projects!

(Chris Hadley) #33

@Bri_Castellini I’m happy to announce that I did get one of my major goals accomplished: I got a new studio to film my web series! All that remains now is this, at least for season 2:

Write season finale script
Get other scripts finalized
Cast guest actors (if needed)
Schedule filming dates w/cast
Get episodes edited
Send press release for season 2 to media outlets
Promote premiere on social media
Caption episodes
Post to Youtube and Vimeo

How to Achieve Your Web Series Goals
(Kyla) #34

nearly there!!!

edit/touch up episodes 5-9 for table reads this month :white_check_mark:
recast vanessa :white_check_mark:
schedule vanessa reshoots :white_check_mark:
schedule post-march break shoots :white_check_mark:
release first teaser trailer :white_check_mark: you can watch it here wink wink nudge nudge
write the song for 5.5 :white_check_mark:
film at least 5 school scenes (7 booked) :grey_question: 4 done already!
film at least 5 non-school scenes (7 booked) :white_check_mark: 9 done-- we got ahead of the game!!
finish rewrite of episode 10 :white_check_mark:
map costumes/makeup/hair for all scenes from all episodes :white_check_mark:
set up 80s/tv teen drama tumblr (taking bri’s themed blog idea!) :negative_squared_cross_mark:
map out potential timeline/shooting schedule for short film this summer :white_check_mark:

(Bri Castellini) #35

CONGRATS!!! (also hey there’s a Toronto meetup on Friday- https://www.meetup.com/Stareable-Toronto/events/247877620/. It’s at an alehouse so I dunno the rules for that/age but thought you should know!)

(Kyla) #36

oh my gosh thanks so much for the heads up!! we’re actually filming that day so I won’t be able to make it, but I hope there’s another one sometime!!

(sam lockie-waring) #37
  • look book for new concept i’m writing :o: in progress… prolly won’t be done by end of month but progress is progress
  • give comments on a friend’s feature script he wants my help with :white_check_mark:
  • start comparison shopping for a lighting kit :white_check_mark: two more paychecks and i think i have a winner

(Bri Castellini) #38

Congrats! Progress is indeed progress!

(Bri Castellini) #39

Last day, folks! How’d you do?? @gmcalpin @mintypineapple @hermdelica @Jessi_Almstead @meg @movieguyjon @kmd @OSTSG @alwaysafilmgeek @RobbieRuviews @SecretLivesPS @jonathankyall @samlockie @JimiJimi @filmwritr4

(Melissa Malone) #40

Holy moly! Actually hit everything on the list!

…obviously still working on funding but got the budget proposal done and started sending out to potential sponsors and coproducers.

…haven’t secured the location but began scouting and have a possibility in the works.

Phew! Where did Feb go? How did you do??