What are your creative goals for January and 2018?

(Chris Hadley) #21

Over the holidays, I worked on 2 short character scripts for my series THE LATE, LATE NEWS. These are all part of the supplemental content I hope to produce alongside each episode.

My other goals for 2018:

Recruit more writers

Establish a diverse writer’s room (50% female/50% male)

Secure new studio production space

Maintain an ongoing, monthly episode release schedule (as opposed to seasons)

Write at least 6 short character vlogs (aka “Late, Late Views”) for each character

Wishing you all the very best with your creative efforts/goals in 2018!

(Kyla) #22

january might be a lil unrealistic because it’s both exam season & community theatre season but idc I’m going HARD in 2018!

january goals:

• edit TTM scenes (make them shorter/cut certain characters out of certain scenes to make life easier)
  • film at least four school scenes & four non-school scenes before exam week
  • do scene by scene breakdowns for new short film
  • release teaser trailer for TTM
  • schedule post-exam shoots
  • write short play in the next five days to submit to local festival? maybe? cutting it close here
  • assign someone for social media for TTM

2018 goals:

• complete and release TTM
  • help with at least one film project that isn’t mine in any capacity
  • produce at least one new film project to completion
  • write a script for a short film
  • submit TTM to relevant festivals
  • do something with the god-awful 80s-esque clothing I’ll be stuck with after TTM is done (we won’t be able to do a second season because of admin)

(Bri Castellini) #23

Who knows- you may end up having access to a different school! A friend at a nearby school, or a friend in college, or YOU in college! It just might be further down the road than you’re planning.

Love your NYRs! They look a lot like mine from the last two years and I learned so much from the “help with someone else’s project” part. Met so many new people, and it was amazing! Good luck!

(Pia) #24

I’m back! I’m back! My goals this month are to write something new every day, even if it’s just a sentence, and to outline the first season of my new web series idea!!

(Bri Castellini) #25

15 unique posts, but I need 5 more to reach my goal! @Evie_Marie_Warner @Huxiley @Monica_Quinn @keif @lauriestark @LaurenEvansTV @JimiJimi @MelanieKingdom

(James Peniata) #26

Im finally back! And will be back more often now chrissy is done!

I started working for channel 7 in aus so thats a massive tick for my goals in 2018 already lol

But creatively my goal is to pitch at least 2 ideas to them for content AND to film my new short film.

Develop my new feature further.

Work on a new sequel to my fanfilm (early stages but cant deny the push for it from people). The first got selected for a fanfilm fest so thats awesomely inspiring haha

And keep entering my webseries into festivals! Selected for 2 so far! XD

(Bri Castellini) #27

Awesome! Welcome back! And hey, I heard of this other great festival you should check out…

(James Peniata) #28

Aaahh thats so cool! Im defs doing this one haha. Fingers crossed! XD

(Bri Castellini) #29

HOW’S EVERYONE DOING?

• Film my short horror film “Buy In” :x: the shoot is on the last weekend of January. HOWEVER, I’m ready for it!
  • Prep promotion for the YouTube release of my new web series Sam and Pat Are Depressed :o: In progress, but should be done this weekend :slight_smile:
  • Make a new producer reel :x: I’ve decided to actually remove this one because it would be dumb to make literally two weeks before I make a new project, so I’m gonna wait until after Buy In
  • Close-caption three more Brains episodes :o: 2 to go!
  • Get 20 unique posts on this thread :o: 4 remaining!

(Ghetto Nerd Girl) #30

1.) Start layout for my website - picked a hosing site!
2.) Send actors reel clips - 1 out of 3 done!
3.) Rough cut 2.4 - not yet but this weekend I’m starting
4.) Release interview clips - rough cut done!

Way to go!

(Kyla) #31

my progress so far… I’ll get there!!

• edit TTM scenes (make them shorter/cut certain characters out of certain scenes to make life easier) :negative_squared_cross_mark: lol like I have time

• film at least four school scenes & four non-school scenes before exam week :grey_question: 3 school scenes & 2 non-school scenes filmed so far, with 1 and 2 respectively scheduled!

• do scene by scene breakdowns for new short film :white_check_mark:

• release teaser trailer for TTM :negative_squared_cross_mark: tfw your editor maybe quit on you…

• schedule post-exam shoots :white_check_mark: all the way to the march break boyssss

• write short play in the next five days to submit to local festival? maybe? cutting it close here :negative_squared_cross_mark:

• assign someone for social media for TTM :white_check_mark:

(Kimberly Hoyos) #32

My creative goals
January:

• interview another filmmaker for my website The Light Leaks
  • publish at least 2 more blog posts for my blog
  • read 2 books

• shoot a music video for a friend’s band
  • write/shoot a web series
  • submit that web series to festivals
  • consistently blog
  • apply to industry jobs after graduation!

(Bri Castellini) #33

OooooOOO tell me more about the web series!

(Kimberly Hoyos) #34

Don’t have any clue yet! I just know I want to create something while I have the time.

(Anna Bateman) #35

Whoops missed this thread-

January (or what’s left of it):

• Finish outlining my thesis
  • Practice with my new camera every day (only skipped one or two so far!)
  • Make business cards for an upcoming networking event with alumni

2018:

• Say yes to more things, especially outings like networking events and screenings
  • Get better at making myself stick to a schedule
  • Start applying for jobs!!

(Bri Castellini) #36

Love that.

And hey- everyone else- how’re you doing so far??

(Bri Castellini) #37

Hey how’s doing nothing going?? :wink:

(sam lockie-waring) #38

updates:

• continue giving myself a break and don’t stress myself out by putting too many things on my plate at a time :+1:t4: so far so good
  • figure out lighting looks with the dp on an upcoming project :+1:t4: done. it’s gonna be dope
  • write something every other day at least. even if it’s short :writing_hand:t4: skipped a few days due to some work piling up, but overall doing tons better.

(Katie Adele Nazim Hunter) #39

Haaaa not well. We did pick-up shots for the short last weekend, and then started writing a new series. WHOOPS! Can’t fight the urge :slight_smile:

(Bri Castellini) #40

Sometimes saying you’re gonna take a break frees you from the obliGATION of work and lets you just do it because you want to, which honestly feels great, doesn’t it??