What are your creative goals for January and 2018?

(Katie Adele Nazim Hunter) #41

That’s a good point. I’m trying in general to just follow creative impulses rather than say “well for my CAREER I need to do THIS next”…

(Kallum Weyman) #42

As yes, well life is a tornado right now which is why it has taken my so long to log back on to here. Since January is basically being utterly controlled by my university course doing a directing module. I should lay out a few notes for my plans for 2018.

• Make something I am proud of. Something that I am willing to put out there and say "hey I made this cool thing.

• Transition my YouTube channel into something better and more in line with what I want to be doing.

• Get past some set backs that have been caused by people leaving my by the waste-side after outliving my usefulness for them and ignore their success. While building a team who want’s to make great content.

• I would like to get a least a short film, and a web series pilot done by the end of the year.

(Joseph Steven Heath) #43

Update:

• The Watch-A-Thon of Rassilon: Upload Invasion of the Dinosaurs. :white_check_mark:
  • WoR: Make/Queue Gifs, Edit, and Upload Death to the Daleks. :white_check_mark:
  • WoR: Watch and Record The Monster of Peladon. :white_check_mark:
  • Edit what I have filmed of My Two Clones. :negative_squared_cross_mark: (It’s way more work than I realized! But I have made some progress.)
  • Road Trippy: Write a chapter. :white_check_mark:

(Bri Castellini) #44

LOOK AT YOU!!!

(Joseph Steven Heath) #45

Final Update:

• The Watch-A-Thon of Rassilon: Upload Invasion of the Dinosaurs. :white_check_mark:
  • WoR: Make/Queue Gifs, Edit, and Upload Death to the Daleks. :white_check_mark:
  • WoR: Watch and Record The Monster of Peladon. :white_check_mark:
  • Edit what I have filmed of My Two Clones. :negative_squared_cross_mark: (It’s way more work than I realized! But I have made some progress.)
  • Road Trippy: Write a chapter. :white_check_mark:

Yeah, it didn’t change. I got sidetracked by a lot of stuff at my job and being cold, so I haven’t even touched Clones in like 3 days. Also, it’s way more complicated than I initially thought, so blah. But I will move it over to next month’s goals and hopefully I can get it done then (though it be a short month).

(Bri Castellini) #46

4 outta 5 ain’t bad at all! Congrats!!

(Bri Castellini) #47

How’d you do, folks?? If you completed your goals, share the below image on social media and tag @stareable so we can celebrate your success! @hermdelica @Blair @samlockie @SecretLivesPS @movieguyjon @ghettonerdgirl @hbnuss @Meg @jonathankyall @mkatiehunter @filmwritr4 @kmd @Pia_0.0 @JimiJimi @kimhoyos @AnnaBanana @NerdsOfTheVerse

My update:

• Film my short horror film “Buy In” :white_check_mark: WOO! It has a poster and an IMDb page and everything!
  • Prep promotion for the YouTube release of my new web series Sam and Pat Are Depressed. :white_check_mark:
  • Make a new producer reel :x: moved to next month so it doesn’t countttt
  • Close-caption three more Brains episodes :x: only got 2 done because of Buy In
  • Get 20 unique posts on this thread :x: only got 18, but we’ll get 'em next month :slight_smile:

(Meg Carroway) #48

Congrats, Bri!

Mine:

• Participate in more than just AMAs here on the forum- yup!
  • Make marketing plan for an upcoming project- yup x2!
  • Hire a new DP- nope! But soon hopefully

(Bri Castellini) #49

Congrats right back!

(Jonathan Hardesty) #50

Okay, let’s revisit the month. How did I do?

:black_square_button: Lock Flagon 201 Script.

:white_check_mark: Write Flagon 202.

:black_square_button: Remaster Flagon 102.

:black_square_button: Automate almost 100% of Flagon social media so I only have to think about it every other month or so.

:white_check_mark: Be on FB/Twitter less.

Not bad.

(Bri Castellini) #51

Not bad at all!

(Kyla) #52
  • edit TTM scenes (make them shorter/cut certain characters out of certain scenes to make life easier) :negative_squared_cross_mark: unable to get to this

• film at least four school scenes & four non-school scenes before exam week :white_check_mark: four school scenes (seven overall!!!) and only two non-school scenes done before exam week, but five overall so that’s a win!!

• do scene by scene breakdowns for new short film :white_check_mark: x2!! I have so many ideas!!

• release teaser trailer for TTM :negative_squared_cross_mark: tfw your editor DEFINITELY quit on you…

• schedule post-exam shoots :white_check_mark: all the way to the march break boyssss

• write short play in the next five days to submit to local festival? maybe? cutting it close here :negative_squared_cross_mark: nope, but I got a part in a play submitted to that festival!!!

• assign someone for social media for TTM :white_check_mark:

I didn’t do everything I exactly wanted to do but different things came up-- for example we got a classroom for 6 hours on exam conflict day, which was a blessing!! it all worked out!!

(Bri Castellini) #53

Congrats!!!