What are your creative goals for September 2018?

(Bri Castellini) #1

Been a while, but let’s keep each other accountable again!

What are your creative goals for this month?

Mine are:

• Edit rough cuts for all episodes of my new web series, “Sam and Pat Are Depressed” (I copied this goals post template from last October and this was literally the first one. The only change is that it’s no longer a new web series- it’s season 2!! Cinematic parallels folks)
  • Finalize basic sound mix for my short film Buy In
  • Do a new color correct pass on Buy In, or call in favor to have someone else look into it
  • Edit the first three episodes of my Sam and Pat companion podcast Bri And Chris Are Depressed
  • Get 20 unique posts on this thread

Tagging those who have joined our goal threads before and a few newbies who might want in: @mintypineapple @Pia_0.0 @samlockie @NerdsOfTheVerse @SecretLivesPS @avincie @movieguyjon @jonathankyall @filmwritr4 @ghettonerdgirl @hermdelica @hailstorm @mdec24 @rjlackie @whoisjonporter @lauriestark @kmd @keif @Starting_Under @HackettKate @thembob @Abby_Singer @afbarbag @JustinHarris @mdec24 @gmcalpin @cagesafe @RobbieRuviews @alwaysafilmgeek @barbaramcthomas @Sandwich_Fam @OddLantern @Aquariarts @ShayFuller1 @WickedEnigmatv @cagesafe @Maddy_Foley @RDRICCI @MrDee @ZackMorrison18 @JonSosis @ThrowBigWords @Mohau @Jacquiwifruit @Kathie_Kelly @tymofie @Peppered @Dave_Lepage @thegreatbenbino @raggedybun @ShayFuller1 @Marina_Tait @SnobbyRobot @EricaHargreave @amyqp @CreativeCollene @sweetdude64 @thecarterlegac @micheletabelle @Andrewdwilliams1989 @JanjayNotJudy @shadowhawk680 @Blanedrew @upsidebrown @bucky91 @yesjensen @MisfitsContent @NoelleAutumn

(Bri Castellini) #2

The very good podcast art that’s keeping me on track for podcast editing:

(art by the awesome Ray Friesen)

(sam lockie-waring) #3

yoooo good timing on my part coming back to the forums!

• check the forums more often
  • finish script I’ve been procrastinating on for six months
  • set up photoshoot for project i’m helping with

(Bri Castellini) #4

Good luck! I’ve got too much post production work this month to have added this to mine, but MOOD on script procrastinating.

(Anna Bateman) #5

It’s back to school season for me, but I definitely still want to keep my shit together so…

1. Survive the beginning of the semester
  2. Start researching grad programs
  3. outline at least 2 new projects to work on over the school year

(Jonathan Kaplan) #6

Our only goal for this month is to get people to our two screenings September 28 & 29 in Boston. We are also launching a Seed and Spark on that date too. https://killingitboston.brownpapertickets.com/ If anyone knows anyone in Boston and wants to help us out please contact me directly.

(Bri Castellini) #7

psst @gmcalpin ?

(Larry Harris) #8

Now that our season 2 movie premiere for my Web Series Chapter 2 is over (it was a big success BTW) now I can:

• continue writing episodes for the season
  • keep reaching out to different networks
  • try to find sponsors for my Series
  • finally learn how to film in Cinestyle

(Bri Castellini) #9

Congrats! what do you mean by “Cinestyle”?

(Larry Harris) #10

A videographer friend of mines films in cinestyle basically it gives your project a cinematic look. I love it. Here’s the link on YouTube https://youtu.be/uYez-IwQqf8

(Ray Robinson) #11

I’m almost in limbo with Deliver Me - only have a couple of greenscreen things to film, and the rest is in my editor’s hands. Got to try and figured out how to get a fire under him!

I auditioned for a local theatrical performance of “A Few Good Men”, and somehow became the assistant director. So most of September will be devoted to that, with performances in early October. May help with networking, as the producing team also makes short films, so may result in collaborative efforts down the road.

(Joseph Steven Heath) #12

These past few weeks have killed me and the next few are looking to do the same. I’m not going to have a whole lot of time to work on things and it’s stressing me out. But here’s what I would like to get done.

• The Watch-A-Thon of Rassilon: GIF, Record, Edit, and Release The Hand of Fear.
  • Watch, Record, and GIF The Deadly Assassin.
  • Finish writing a short story for a friend.
  • Write at least 5 pages of A Higher Power.
  • Finish filming My Two Clones.

(I have other things I want to work on, but I’m pretty positive I won’t get to them, so I’m not putting them down as goals.)

(Bri Castellini) #13

Start small, my dude! I’m just now getting back into the personal-work-productivity swing of things and the transition has been ROUGH

(Herman Wang) #14

September is full of either web festivals (NJ and Minnesota) or promotion (a sort-of local sort-of Harry Potter festival). And there’s still one shoot left to finish.

But other than that I’m hoping to complete rough cuts of all of Season 4 of The Spell Tutor to get ready for soundtrack work.

(Kyla) #15

omg the september '17 goals thread was the first thread I ever posted in :relaxed: the memories!!

here are my goals! not as much as usual but it is back to school season & I have a million things to do so

• finish editing episode 1 of TTM
  • map out new teaser trailer
  • edit new teaser trailer
  • release new teaser trailer
  • potentially finish the screenplay I started in may? I have the third act and change left so

(Ghetto Nerd Girl) #16

Here’s my agenda for the month:

1.) 2.4 rough cut - I’m sorry you were neglected
2.) Continue weekly live videos on instagram
3.) NJ Webfest
4.) Stay active on GNG Twitter and IG
5.) Enjoy what I am getting to work on!

(Bri Castellini) #17

I’ll see you and @hermdelica at NJ Web Fest!! (and others? Let’s try to meet up!)

(Ghetto Nerd Girl) #18

YES! :sunglasses:

(Herman Wang) #19

If there’s an IRL night just before I might be able to make it

(Bri Castellini) #20

There probably won’t be, at least not organized directly by me because it’s a bit of a trip for me, so I’ll only be around the day I’m speaking. But if you and @ghettonerdgirl want to host one… u know how to get in touch with me! :wink: