What are your creative goals for September 2018?

(Jonathan Hardesty) #21

I’ve been developing a D&D podcast while doing video and graphic work for others in our podcast network. That has been eating up all of my time and I hope to make some serious headway on the D&D podcast this month.

(Emma Drewry) #22
  1. get episodes ready for airing in Oct!
  2. hit at least 20 or so subscribers on our YT channel before we air (here if you wanna help out :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )
  3. finish our full-length trailer
  4. start recording our supplemental podcast potentially
  5. prep our ARG
  6. somehow make it through my senior year!

(Carlo Delmar) #23

If you are looking for Harry Potter events, these two Facebook Pages list a number of Harry Potter parties:

An event organizer told me once that she had a table at a Harry Potter party in New York City, at which she heavily promoted her own Harry Potter themed event on Long Island.

(Bri Castellini) #24

Hey Carlo! What are YOUR creative goals for this month? Any progress on your unboxing series? :slight_smile:

(Carlo Delmar) #25

I never mentioned Paranormal Unboxing on this forum before because it is still in its earliest stages. It is an idea for a very-low-production-value fantasy comedy web series with some horror elements.

It would be a vlog style web series in which two people receive a surprise package from their fictional audience every episode. Each package contains an innocuous looking object with paranormal powers. Hilarious mayhem ensues.

Both characters (Henry and Cassandra) in this web series are very dynamic, with Henry being somewhat goofy and playful, and Cassandra being a no-nonsense blunt New Yorker.

I am writing scripts for season one. I have two actors who are enthusiastic about the project, and whose personalities fit those of the two main characters perfectly. (I met one of them at Stareable Fest.)

As far as web series related activities are concerned, for now, I’ll just keep writing season one.

(Herman Wang) #26

Thanks! We’ve already done promo at LeakyCon in August and there are two more event promos planned by end of year.

(Alex Barbag) #27
  1. Finish editing of the 2nd episode of Hands Off Therapy
  2. Film episode 12 of Safe for Work
  3. Learn how to use my DSLR so when I have to film myself, it doesn’t suck as bad.

(sam lockie-waring) #28

update: photoshoot set up! should have probably made that goal about finishing said photoshoot, but no takebacksies i’m ⅓ of the way to gold this september hell yeh

(Steven Bucky Butler) #29

Well I should probably try to write some of these stories…

Along with maybe making these episodes of my web series…

I know what episode I’m working on next!

(Reese Hayes) #30

My only goal for this month is to finish the second episode of my Cobblestoned series! Working full time on a netflix show makes it pretty difficult to stay creative and productive in my free time, but I’m trying my best to keep pushing these episodes out. Thanks for the motivation, Bri :slight_smile:

(Bri Castellini) #31

Keep us updated! This thread is for support and follow through :slight_smile:

(Steven Bucky Butler) #32

Just did another one of my goals, check them out!

(Olga Markovic) #33

Im a little late to the September post but September is not over yet!

1. I am revamping my interview based website www.IndieFilmWorld.tv - so I have deleted most previous videos. Goal is to edit the 2 interviews I have filmed this month and post them. Then schedule my 2 interviews for next month.

2. Finalize my beat board and story planning/outlining for my webseries “All for Eve” to start writing the pilot next month.

3. Film my pitch video for the Screen Australia development funding application.