What is your main problem with music during a project?

(Dan Shuri) #1

Hey guys,

I am currently working on a tool that helps me and my team make our music search/editing workflow easier.
I was wondering, what is your main problem when it comes to the ‘music’ step?

Thanks!

Dan

(Bri Castellini) #2

Finding someone who has the time and skill to score who also doesn’t work for much $$ if I ask nicely and barter for skill trade

(Zachary Just) #3

I usually use YouTube Audio Library to find the majority of my songs. They have a decent amount of filters you can use such as genre, mood, pace, etc. My biggest problem comes from finding sound effects that aren’t on there or getting an actual song, which then involves me reaching out to local musicians.

(Ghetto Nerd Girl) #4

Finding music that fits the mood of my scene that isn’t too powerful or overshadows my actors’ performance. Like @zjust said, Youtube Audio library is my go to. I have also found great independent artists via social media that are willing to let me use their music for exposure.

(Deb Ethier) #5

You can get sound effects at https://freesound.org/ ; many are cc0, you just have to put that in the filter when searching. You do have to make a free account in order to download…and many files need some cleaning up, but you can find a lot there.

(Dan Shuri) #7

Thanks for your answers guys! :slightly_smiling_face: @zjust @ghettonerdgirl didn’t knew that ‘Youtube Audio Library’ was that popular.

(Ian David Diaz) #8

I agree with Bri, there’s a lot of composers out there that will do it for just the credit, that’s if they find your show worth their while.

(Dan Shuri) #9

@Ian_David_Diaz @Bri_Castellini Alright. So you guys prefer to take the time to find the right guy?