What the Stareable Team is Thankful For, 2017

(Stareable) #1

The Stareable team is spending time stuffing our faces and hanging with our loved ones this week, but we wanted to take a moment with our amazing community to be thankful.

Ajay Kishore, Founder and CEO

“This year has been a wild ride for me. At the end of 2016, I quit my stable corporate job to focus on Stareable full time after falling in love with the idea and realizing that I would always wonder “what if” if I didn’t pursue it. Since then, I’ve had the good fortune of having Bri join John and I as our teammate and seeing our company evolve, growing to include events on both coasts, thousands more web series creators in the community, and an entirely new platform — our creator community forum. This is the hardest I’ve ever worked but it’s also the most rewarding job I’ve ever had. Outside work, I moved to Greenpoint, which turns out to be great (has everyone tried Paulie Gee’s? It’s tremendous) and lets me commute to work via ferry and return by Citibike, which is just about the most Brooklyn thing I can think of. I saw some amazing television this year, both indie and mainstream, and remain convinced that the opportunity for surrounding television creators with support and discovery is as promising as ever.”

John Langhauser, Back-End Developer

“Right now, I’d like to say a big thank you to EEVBlog for keeping hardware development real (not to mention Australian), to Oats Studios for making sci-fi deeply unsettling (not to mention South African), and to my best friend in the world Ajay for giving me the opportunity to be a small part of this whole thing. I’m grateful for the Google Cloud gods and the StackOverflow legends who keep us rolling, and for the web series creators who share their gifts and their time with us. Gobble Gobble — Happy Thanksgiving! Let us eat, drink, … and nap for a bit.”

Bri Castellini, Community Director

“I’m thankful for the opportunity to get to work with Stareable at all! A little less than a year ago I attended one of their NYC happy hours, and now I’m on their staff, building a web series community, interviewing incredible people, and writing articles to help other filmmakers get their start. I’m also so, so thankful to our community, some of whom I know IRL and some of whom are just Twitter and Creator Community handles. You have all been so supportive of what we’ve been doing at Stareable and of each other, and it’s really inspiring to see that. You guys are awesome, and here’s to many more Thanksgivings for me to feel that way!”

What’s your favorite Thanksgiving food? Tell us in the comments!

(Maurice Tyson) #2

Stuffing but not just any random stuffing. Sourdough, sun dried tomato & herb sausage.