What's everyone working on?

Animated series always do well at web-focused festivals because it’s such a sparse category, you should try submitting to a few :slight_smile:

Planning to write the music. The lyrics are done because I wanted to finish the script, so it’s mostly a matter of setting the right tone. I suspect the amount of work required for a musical episode will be about twice the amount for a regular narrative.

3 Likes

At LEAST twice as much work, LOL! Been there.

2 Likes

Hey Herman, Merry Christmas, I’m working on Rebecca Gold season 2, since the NJwebfest we have won a few more awards.

5 Likes

Hey Herman! Next week I have another screening in NJ which was curated by @avincie. Thanks again for the opportunity, Arthur! :v:

I’m also going to be acting in a friend’s short later next month as the lead role. I have switched gears and am helping others on their projects while I am writing S3 of GNG and waiting to hear back from more festivals.

5 Likes

An awesome year for you!

1 Like

I need to do more to help on other people’s projects

3 Likes

I finished writing all 6 episodes of a limited series about 2 weeks ago. Short pages with every episode following a theme that moves the story along. Still in shock that it’s done.

4 Likes

Hi Herman, I just binge watched the first season and a half of Spell Tutor. So good. Will finish later tonight. So, what am I working on. The Scratch This team shot 4 more episodes in October and we can’t wait to finish post and get them out in the world. I also produced and am in a pilot for a series called Last Resort, very different from ST, sort of a cross between OITNB and Facts of Life, based on my producing partner and the writers daughters first hand experience in reform school. Last Resort is also in the final stages of post. I am working on pre pro for a short film that is a proof of concept for a fun feature after that I am focusing 2020 on my acting - so I will still produce but I’m being super selective in that the projects I produce have to have a compelling role for me. My intention is to be cast in projects for which I can show up and act solely. As much as I love creative producing I adore being an actor primarily. Thanks for asking what we are all up to! Hope to see you out there on the circuit soon! Congratulations again on all you well deserved success. Happy 2020!

2 Likes

Seeing something through to the end is sometimes the hardest part :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow, that’s a lot going on!
Yes, hopefully we’ll see each other again a few times in 2020

2 Likes

We’re releasing the first four episodes of Unicorn Included in January. Then it’s right on to planning the shoot for the next four episodes.

3 Likes

Hi everyone! Just finished the trailer for Rent-A-Friend and wanted to share https://vimeo.com/387572016

2 Likes

Working on how we’re going to make the next series of https://stareable.com/series/view/british-rationals

Releasing Ground Rules Ground Rules - Home | Facebook

1 Like

Developing…

Finally got around to putting up the 3rd episode of Mindfully, Mandy -https://stareable.com/series/view/mindfully-mandy

Crazy week it’s been, huh?

1 Like

Currently releasing the first two episodes of my web series Frank James. The plan was to complete these two episodes and use them as a launch pad to crowd fund the next 6 for a full season. Well, now is not a great time to crowd fund so will just be releasing them and then hoping to pick back up at some point.
Here is the trailer and the first episode airs tomorrow on the same youtube channel.

Hope all are well and be safe everyone.

I think a lot of people are in the same boat, of this not being an ideal time to crowdfund. Mine’s planned for near end of year, hopefully things will be better then.

1 Like

@jonmassey I mean there’s actually a lot of crowdfunding happening right now, just the messaging has shifted. Making it more about the people and how the art right now can entertain the audience in these times of uncertainty. Check out some resources we’ve been working on. Here’s Seed&Spark’s official statement from the CEO. Our other articles on the subject with more concrete advice for creators:

2 Likes

Thanks! Those are all very helpful links.

I reached out to people stuck at home during the virus to submit video clips of them performing characters in Star Wars, and we’ve made a series recreating the movie about 4 minutes at a time. So far, about 50 people have replied, many that have never acted before, in some cases whole families. Lots of positive remarks from participants on how much fun it is to alleviate the boredom. It’s about 4-5 hours a week of work for me, but now I have people offering to guest-edit episodes too, so my selfish reason to keep it going is making a new fanbase for other projects in the works!

Made a webpage on my site for it here: COVID WARS

1 Like